Light Wind Freeride
- Amazing low-end performance
- Great wind range
- Stable even in very light wind
- Fast pivotal turning
- Great rider feedback
- Smooth de-power
- Full safety release
Still not losing user friendliness, the Zephyr is more than happy carving, boosting and unhooking to a level that it’s deservedly renowned across the industry for. A kite to add to the quiver to get out on those calm summer days, this is an addition no dedicated UK rider should be without.
Refined over years of development to excel in winds under 15 knots, the Zephyr is a kite that offers riding time when no one else can. Optimised with a low aspect ratio, deep profile and swept canopy design the kite comes as standard with lightweight bladders and 27m lines to enhance its low-end performance.
LEADING EDGE SWEEP & STRUCTURAL DESIGN
- Prominently swept from the centre of the leading edge, all the way down to its narrow wing tip the Zephyr’s canopy shape helps the kite remain smooth whilst slicing through gusty winds, retaining central power in the wing and when needed, “roll” effortlessly when conducting water relaunches.
- Its mid-depth profile and centrally low aspect ratio gives as good balance between airspeed and torque, giving great low-end and jump characteristics.
- Pulley-less bridle system, developed by Ozone to improve the rider feedback.
- Multiple, colour-coded trim options and connectors.
- High volume valves and one-pump system.
FABRIC & CONSTRUCTION
- Constructed from Teijin Dacron and TechnoForce D2 fabrics, the kite is lighter, stiffer, and stronger. Holding its shape firmer in the sky, this transfers to an increased wind range, improved rider feedback and a longer lasting kite.
- Lightweight bladder construction to improve low wind stability.
Complemented by the control system, Ozone's Contact kite bar optimises the performance of their kites by integrating a series of failproof safety systems onto a clean and clutter-free bar design. On top of its 'Megatron' push release, adjustable leash options and soft bar ends, Ozone have upped their game by adding beefy - 500kg lines, a front line swivel and shaped bar grip. Offering up a control bar that comes in 4 different sizes, it serves the safety needs of a beginner whilst still matching the requirements of a pro. The Contact bar is arguably perfect. Read More