- Fun & forgiving freeride design
- Smooth and consistent power delivery
- Easy re-launch
- High de-power
- Pulley-less bridle
- Full ‘flag out’ safety system
- High quality construction.
Redesigned for 2016, the Catalyst V1 entry level freeride kite makes learning and riding easier than ever. Sitting deeper in the window that other kites with line pressure firmly set on the trailing edge, the Catalyst V1 continues pulling smoothly even when the wind or rider input fluctuates.
Featuring flag out safety, a pulley-less bridle, easy relaunch design and exceptional ozone quality, the Catalyst has a high level of depower and bar pressure making it as comfortable to ride as it is intuitive, allowing the rider to concentrate on where they’re going, rather that how to get there.
Leading edge sweep & structural design
- Swept from the centre of the leading edge, all the way down to the wing tip the prominent curve helps the kite remain smooth whilst slicing through gusty winds and “rolls” effortlessly when conducting water re-launches.
- A deeper profile slows down it’s airspeed, creating a better low-end torque and more forgiving power delivery.
Fabric & construction
- Constructed from Teijin Dacron and TechnoForce D2 fabrics makes the kite lighter, stiffer, and stronger. Holding its shape firmer in the sky this transfers to an increased wind range, improved rider feedback and a longer lasting kite.
- Aerodynamically designed scuff protectors and reinforcement on the Leading edge, trailing edge and internal bladders.
- Pulley-less bridle system, developed by ozone to improve the rider feedback.
- Multiple, colour coded trim options and connectors.
- High volume valves and one-pump system.
Complemented by the control system, Ozone's Contact kite bar optimises the performance of their kites by integrating a series of fail proof safety systems onto a clean and clutter free bar design.
On top of it's 'Megatron' push release, adjustable leash options and soft bar ends, Ozone have upped their game by adding beefy - 500kg lines, a front line swivel and shaped bar grip. Offering up a control bar which comes in 4 different sizes, it serves the safety needs of a beginner whilst still matching the requirements of a pro. The Contact bar is arguably perfect. Read More