Much like most things, children are the future of the sport of kitesurfing, and we enjoy helping them get into the sports that we love.
Understanding that they learn differently, we operate a child-friendly specific program every Sunday from
April – October, and daily through the school holidays. Available for 12 – 16 year olds, our specially trained instructors follow a tailored syllabus to get young riders ripping across the water safely, through a fun and fast learning program.
BOARD RIDERS WEEK / £325
An adrenaline filled summer holiday activity week including tasters and tuition in kiteboarding, kite skills, wakeboarding, landboarding and paddleboarding.
Leading on to a junior specific Beach Club Plus Membership, to help get our groms out on the water all summer long. Click here to find out more.
2 Hour Taster / £50
- With a focus on fun, our 2 hour taster bypasses some of the more intricate details involved with learning to kiteboard in order to get stuck in and get on the water right away.
- Following a short safety briefing, we’ll spend the first half of the lesson grasping basic piloting skills, before powering things up and learning to body drag across the surface of the water to finish.
- Guaranteed to bring a smile, it’s simple, fun and gives a great flavour for the excitement of kiteboarding
Basic kite control
Kite powered body dragging
Grom Kite Course / £200
- Broken down into four 2.5 hour bite size modular sessions, our Grom course will cover all the skills required to reach a level of independence and complete safety awareness. Starting each module with a classroom session, the first day will be spent learning beach controls and equipment familiarisation.
- We’ll then move into the water to begin kite powered body dragging, learning directional control whilst skimming along the surface. Having mastered the kite, they’ll be ready for the board in session three, where they’ll initially learn to retrieve it, before mastering the art of putting the board on themselves. We aim to have them up and riding self sufficiently by the end of session four.
Equipment familiarisation and preparation
Basic kite control
Independent safety assessing
Independent equipment set up
Powered body dragging
Directional body dragging
Upwind body dragging
Emergency pack down
Basic board starting
Supervised 2.5 hour sessions / £50 with kit hire, £35 with own kit
Being at a level of independence doesn’t always mean kiters are ready to head out alone, especially when their young and very lightweight. That’s why we run supervised sessions with or without equipment hire. With an instructor on hand to offer support, coaching and safety assistance, young riders can practice with confidence knowing that an instructor is always available for assistance, if necessary.
Private lessons / £40 per hour
Our private lessons, run as a 121 program, are available hourly and focus on the individual skills those students wish to progress.
Ideal for riders with previous experience, those who might be a little nervous, need some support if it’s been a while, or those in need of some focused tips to help break through a learning hurdle. Teaching on a 121 basis, we are able to dedicate all of our attention, to help students achieve the success they want.
Keeping things fun, we offer a variety of child-friendly activity sessions. Ideal for some summer holiday fun, a weekend experience or a birthday party to remember, we have a planned weekly schedule and offer a tailored experience across all the sports we offer, including all equipment. With a variety of options available, please get in touch to find out more.
We never want to stop a young enthusiast who’s passionate to get into kiting, but the sport does require a certain amount of mental maturity due to the safety and technical considerations. So, having met/discussed learning options with both child and parent, we can tailor a 121 program of training from any age.