- Youth specific design
- Aggressive freestyle performance
- Stiff and responsive feel
- Explosive pop
- Deep base channels
- Reinforced full wood core
Youth specific, the Grom is a scaled down version of the performance focused, mid to high stiffness freestyle board, the Vanguard. Redesigned for 2016, its high volume rails add strength and smoothness to this aggressive deck, enhancing comfort and still delivering a balanced high-end feel whilst loading up and landing high-end pop tricks. Featuring deep base channeling and a reinforced core it grips on take off, disperses water on landing, and gives back the level of performance and energy a high-end rider puts in.
OUTLINE, ROCKER & FLEX
- A low to mid level of flex creates ultimate energy transfer and rider feedback.
- Its rocker’s short, flat midsection which leads into a higher tip curve offers a high speed board which snaps an aggressive and progressive cut when building tension for jumps.
- The mid to high level of outline makes the board lively under foot and always ready to cut a new edge.
- Deep base channels and tip-to-tip spine enhance tracking and grip.
- High volume ABS rail boosts strength, stiffness and smoothness.
- Traction+ strap, pad and fin set included.
- Reinforced fiberglass and Paulownia wood core creates a strong and responsive flex pattern.
- Internal carbon reinforcement panels increase strength and flex rebound.
TRACTION+ PAD & STRAP SET
Complemented by its straps and pads, Axis's Traction+ system is a high-end, 2-part set with an integrating base plate and strap kit. Constructed of variable density EVA foam sitting on a formed plastic base, the pads offer complete comfort and grip through their shaped impact absorption and multiple stance options. Linking firmly to the straps, the Traction+ set offers a high level of hold and support through a series of custom fitting Velcro straps which lock down the stiff and supportive neoprene covered webbing top section. Fitting a wide range of foot shapes the Traction+ is as supportive as straps get.