- Youth specific design
- Aggressive freestyle performance
- Stiff and responsive feel
- Explosive pop
- Deep base channels
- Reinforced full wood core
Youth specific, the Grom is a scaled down version of the performance focused, mid stiffness freeride board, the Division. Redesigned for 2018, its high volume rails add strength and smoothness to this progressive easy going deck, enhancing comfort and still delivering a balanced high-end feel whilst carving or loading up for freestyle tricks. Featuring base channeling and a reinforced core the Grom delivers a smooth ride with medium flex, serving up plenty of performance when wanted.
OUTLINE, ROCKER & FLEX
- A mid level of flex creates ultimate energy transfer and rider feedback.
- Its rocker’s short, flat midsection which leads into a higher tip curve offers a high speed board which snaps an aggressive and progressive cut when building tension for jumps.
- The fairly straight outline makes this board track straight and sit comfortably.
- Base channels enhance tracking and grip.
- High volume ABS rail boosts strength, stiffness and smoothness.
- Traction strap, pad and fin set included.
- Reinforced fiberglass and Paulownia wood core creates a strong and responsive flex pattern.
- ABS side wall offer strength and durability without sacraficing flex.
TRACTION+ PAD & STRAP SET
Complemented by its straps and pads, Axis's Traction+ system is a high-end, 2-part set with an integrating base plate and strap kit. Constructed of variable density EVA foam sitting on a formed plastic base, the pads offer complete comfort and grip through their shaped impact absorption and multiple stance options. Linking firmly to the straps, the Traction+ set offers a high level of hold and support through a series of custom fitting Velcro straps which lock down the stiff and supportive neoprene covered webbing top section. Fitting a wide range of foot shapes the Traction+ is as supportive as straps get.